Yesterday we had a garden expo, in which multiple gardeners (who either worked with community or school gardens) came to hear some of our ideas and share some of their own.  As a result, we managed to continue this "network" of gardeners within the area, and we hope that this network will continue to grow.  Today, we had to water the lettuce since the tarps are no longer covering them (it would be much to hot for the lettuce under the tarps in this weather!).  We also managed to till some of the beds and break up the soil clumps in the beds in preparation for the soil delivery we should be receiving tomorrow.  This new soil will be mixed in with the old; the combination of the new soil, the tilling, and the breakdown of the winter rye in the beds should give us fantastic growing soil.  
 


Comments




Leave a Reply